- You have completed your previous studies with outstanding results.
- You want to be methodically rigorous in your dissertation and work in an area relevant to science.
- You have not yet commenced your PhD studies.
- You would like to complete your doctorate at a German university with the right to award doctorates.
- You meet the formal requirements (and applicable doctoral regulations) of the university at which you intend to complete your doctorate.
- You have not started or successfully completed a doctorate before.
- Your supervisor would like to support you within the framework of this funding programme.
- You are native German speaker or can provide evidence (DSH Certificate, TestDaf) of excellent German language skills (B1)
- Extracurricular activities are desirable
Please fill out the forms completely and submit it online
- University certificates and results
- Curriculum Vitae
- Financial overview, incl. living expenses and further income/expenses
- Exposé of research project with a schedule of the individual research steps (max. 15 pages, incl. bibliography)
- Two recommendations from professors
- Motivation letter
- If available, proof of admission to doctoral programme
Your supervisor must show their support for you and your doctoral project during the application process.
In a separate letter to the Stiftung the supervisor agrees to your dissertation project and declares the participation in the programme.
Upon admission to the Dissertation Plus programme, your supervisor can register in the system and submit monthly evaluations as part of online monitoring system.
Once you have been accepted into the programme, we ask you to lay out the cooperation with your supervisor in concrete terms. As a guide, we offer you an editable framework that can be adapted to your project. With this mentoring agreement you are able to consolidate the cooperation with your mentor.